Friday, October 21, 2011

Joe's Death Certificate

I received Joe's death certificate December 28, 2001.  It was the second document added to my collection of his paper trail.


There are two errors in this document.  His birth date is given as August 22, 1929 when his actual birthday was August 20, 1939. His place of disposition is listed as Woolawn Crematory, but should say Woodlawn.

I looked up Rapino Memorial Home and found it to be a funeral home that was established by Patsy and Michaelina Rapino to serve the growing needs of the Italian community in East Boston.  So if you are researching Italians in the Massachusetts area you might want to check it out.

I am not even sure if there is a gravestone or memorial for him.  He may be sitting on his widow's mantle.  I just don't know. I haven't been able to get a hold of her.

Hopefully I will eventually get an answer.







No comments:

Post a Comment